Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more soup recipes.
- Prepare topping: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a medium or large baking sheet with parchment paper. On baking sheet, toss small cauliflower florets with coconut oil then spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast until tender and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare soup: In a large pot on medium, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, sumac (if using), paprika and cayenne and cook for 1 more minute, until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add medium cauliflower florets, potato, broth and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, partially covered, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in tahini and lemon juice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup. Season with additional salt as needed. Divide soup among bowls, then top with dill and crispy cauliflower topping.
- Serving Size 1/8 of soup
- Calories 141
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 401 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g