Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat oil on medium. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, cardamom, turmeric and pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high and add garlic, tomatoes and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomato has broken down slightly, about 5 minutes. Add yogurt, stirring to combine to a thick paste. Add chicken and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- To skillet, add cauliflower; replace lid and continue cooking until cauliflower is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 to 15 minutes more. Divide among serving plates and garnish with mint.
- Serving Size 2 cups chicken biryani
- Calories 258
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 91 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 108 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g