Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan on medium-high, melt butter. Add 1 clove minced garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Slowly stream in milk while whisking. Cook, whisking constantly, until sauce has thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in white pepper, nutmeg and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add chicken, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring frequently to break up chicken, until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl and stir in tomatoes, mozzarella, ¼ cup Asiago and basil. Add egg and stir to combine.
- Spread 1 cup reserved sauce on bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spread ¼ cup chicken filling on each half pasta sheet; gently roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Asiago cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes longer until golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with additional basil.
- Serving Size 2 cannelloni
- Calories 439
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 169 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g