Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large pot on medium, melt 1 tbsp ghee. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper flakes, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and cardamom; cook 3 minutes more.
2. To same pot, add chicken and carrot. Add 1½ cups coconut milk and tomatoes. Cover pot and cook until chicken is tender, 20 minutes. Add broccoli and green beans; simmer 7 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, fill a second pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 15 minutes.
4. Drain water from pot with potatoes and return potatoes to pot. Add remaining 3 tbsp ghee and remaining ½ cup coconut milk; mash until smooth.
5. To serve, place mashed potatoes on each plate and top each serving with chicken curry mixture.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store mashed potatoes and chicken curry separately in refrigerator and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 747
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 143 mg
- Fat Content 43 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 31 g
- Sodium Content 496 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g