Find more chicken recipes here.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 oz whole-grain farfalle pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. In an extra large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink inside, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add sherry and simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and simmer until liquid is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in mascarpone and nutmeg, stirring until fully combined and creamy. Return chicken and any juices to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add reserved pasta and tomatoes and toss until pasta is coated with sauce. Divide among plates and garnish with Parmesan and chives, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 584
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 122 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g