Find more chicken recipes here.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 oz whole-grain farfalle pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. In an extra large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink inside, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add sherry and simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and simmer until liquid is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in mascarpone and nutmeg, stirring until fully combined and creamy. Return chicken and any juices to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add reserved pasta and tomatoes and toss until pasta is coated with sauce. Divide among plates and garnish with Parmesan and chives, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 584
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 122 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g