Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER PLATE: $2.51
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add apples and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Add broth, yogurt, curry powder, ginger and cumin. Stir well. Return chicken to pan, nestling into sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Divide couscous and chicken mixture among plates. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups chicken apple mixture and 1/4 of couscous
- Calories 444
- Carbohydrate Content 63 g
- Cholesterol Content 111 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 389 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g