This creamy curried chicken pot pie is perfect for a rainy day or just when you're craving some comfort food.
- 4 tsp grape seed oil,
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp peeled and
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh
- In a medium stockpot on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook until just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To stockpot, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and turmeric and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes, cauliflower and stock. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Whisk together tapioca and 2 tbsp water. Stir in tapioca mixture, bell pepper, chickpeas, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and chicken. Using a ladle or ½-cup measuring cup, add filling to crusts and bake according to crust directions.
- Serving Size: 1 5-inch pie with 1/2 cup filling
- Calories: 455
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Cholesterol Content: 14 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 505 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 15 g