Creamy Dijon Halibut with Spinach Lemon Bulgur
Spice-rubbed halibut is smothered in a sour cream and Dijon sauce for a truly crave-worthy dish – plus it only takes 15 minutes of work to put together this complete meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
See Also The Easiest Baked Halibut
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless halibut fillets, rinsed and patted dry (or other lean, thick white fish fillets)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked bulgur
- 2 packed cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 lemon, quartered, optional
- Mist a 3- to 3½-qt slow cooker with cooking spray; arrange onion along bottom. In a small bowl, combine thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of halibut fillets. Place halibut over top of onions, cover and cook until opaque in center, 1 hour, 15 minutes on high or 2 hours, 30 minutes on low.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sour cream, oil, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce; refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium bowl, toss bulgur, spinach, garlic, lemon zest and remaining ¼ tsp salt until combined; divide among plates. With a slotted spoon, remove halibut fillets from slow cooker, discarding onions. Place halibut alongside bulgur mixture and top with sour cream mixture, dividing evenly. Serve with tomato and lemon wedges (if using).
- Serving Size 1 halibut fillet and 1/4 of sauce and bulgur
- Calories 363
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 510 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g