Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
When serving, be sure to let the dip sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving – this softens the kale and mellows out its bitterness. You can also serve with vegetables for dipping.
1. Prepare pita chips: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, split pitas horizontally through centers to make 4 thin pitas total. Brush both sides of each piece with oil; cut each into 6 triangles to make 24 pieces total. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with Za’atar and salt. Bake until crisp, tossing halfway, 15 to 20 minutes. (TIP: Let cool completely; store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together all dip ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1/4 of dip and 6 pita chips
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 491 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g