Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Arrange an oven rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler to high.
- In a medium bowl, toss fennel with 2 tsp oil. Mist a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread fennel in a single layer on sheet and sprinkle with 1 tbsp cheese. Broil until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add tofu, in batches, and cook, turning halfway through, until browned and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. Drizzle Russian Dressing dressing over top and toss gently to coat. Divide among plates; top each with Crispy Quinoa Topper, tofu and fennel. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp cheese.
Tip: Pressing the water out of your tofu is optional but recommended to get it extra crispy. On a plate lined with paper towels, place tofu block. Cover with more paper towels then place a clean cutting board or plate over top. Place a heavy object, like a book, over the board to weigh it down. Drain every half hour until no water remains. Slice as directed.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 273
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 268 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g