Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Each serving of this succulent chicken dish is packed with B vitamins. It contains 94% of your daily value (DV) of B3, or niacin, a key nutrient in DNA production. It also contains 55% of your DV of B1, which is key for maintaining a healthy nervous system.]
- In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, spread potatoes along bottom. Lay bell pepper over top.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes, turning halfway, until lightly browned. Arrange chicken pieces over top of potatoes and bell peppers. Reduce skillet heat to medium-low and add garlic; cook for 1 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Sprinkle evenly over chicken. Pour broth into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside on a plate. Ladle about 1/4 cup liquid from slow cooker into a small bowl. To small bowl, add lemon juice, yogurt and arrowroot and whisk until smooth. Stir yogurt mixture back into the slow cooker. Stir in artichokes and 3 tbsp dill. Return chicken pieces to slow cooker, nestling them on top of vegetable mixture. Turn heat to high, then cover and cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until artichokes are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Divide chicken and vegetable mixture among serving plates and garnish with additional dill.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture
- Calories 341
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 327 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g