Find more holiday recipes.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp organic unsalted butter (TRY: Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp full-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1 cup cooked lobster chunks (½-inch chunks; tail and claw meat preferably)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- To a large pot, add potatoes and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return potatoes to pot and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding back reserved cup of cooking liquid while mashing. Add garlic-butter mixture, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper and continue to mash until fully incorporated. Fold in lobster, cheddar and chives.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 279 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g