Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
When it comes to mashed potatoes with a twist, it doesn’t get much better than our dreamy, Creamy Lobster Mashed Potatoes. The base is a satiating foundation of fluffy Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, prepared with the usual ingredients and fixings. You won’t be surprised to see butter, garlic, whole milk, full-fat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chives in our ingredients list.
But here’s where it gets creative. We opted to make this comforting, warming dish a staple regardless of season with the addition of summery, buttery lobster. These meaty bites, chopped into chunks and folded into the mash, add another layer of indulgence to an already-beloved dish.
You might also like:
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip
- Lobster Roll
- Pork Saltimbocca with Sage Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a Twist
Creamy Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- To a large pot, add potatoes and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return potatoes to pot and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding back reserved cup of cooking liquid while mashing. Add garlic-butter mixture, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper and continue to mash until fully incorporated. Fold in lobster, cheddar and chives.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 279 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g