Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
When it comes to mashed potatoes with a twist, it doesn’t get much better than our dreamy, Creamy Lobster Mashed Potatoes. The base is a satiating foundation of fluffy Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, prepared with the usual ingredients and fixings. You won’t be surprised to see butter, garlic, whole milk, full-fat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chives in our ingredients list.
But here’s where it gets creative. We opted to make this comforting, warming dish a staple regardless of season with the addition of summery, buttery lobster. These meaty bites, chopped into chunks and folded into the mash, add another layer of indulgence to an already-beloved dish.
Find more holiday-friendly recipes.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip
- Lobster Roll
- Pork Saltimbocca with Sage Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a Twist
Creamy Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- To a large pot, add potatoes and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter on medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return potatoes to pot and mash with a potato masher until smooth, adding back reserved cup of cooking liquid while mashing. Add garlic-butter mixture, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper and continue to mash until fully incorporated. Fold in lobster, cheddar and chives.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 279 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g