Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more chicken recipes here!
Sun-dried tomatoes add quick, inexpensive color and savory sweetness to our creamy thyme and mushroom sauce, while fragrant rosemary perks up our earthy sweet potato and onion toss. One serving of this meal provides more than half of your daily value of protein. Your body needs protein to build and repair cells and muscles, and it’s also needed to maintain the health of your hair and nails.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and sauté for 5 more minutes. Transfer onion to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or kettle, bring 1 cup water to a boil. In a small heat-proof bowl, add tomatoes and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add potato, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Partially cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and tent with foil to keep warm. To skillet, add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, thyme, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in cottage cheese and let stand for 5 minutes. To potato, add onion and rosemary and stir gently to combine. Divide chicken among serving plates and top with mushroom mixture. Serve with potato mixture.
- Serving Size 7 oz chicken-mushroom mixture and 3/4 cup potato mixture
- Calories 286
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 68 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 385 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g