- Prepare pesto: In a food processor, combine all pesto ingredients. Blend into a thick sauce, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare soup: In a heavy-bottomed pot on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add leeks and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Add potato and 5 cups water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered, or until potatoes are very soft. Add peas, return soup to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- Working in batches if needed, transfer soup to a blender. Add miso and cashews and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water, if needed, to thin. Pour soup into bowls and swirl in 1 tbsp pesto into each bowl.
- Serving Size 2 cups soup and 1 tbsp pesto
- Calories 334
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 536 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g