Find more budget recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz whole-grain farfalle
- 14 oz large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp lemon zest + juice of 1/2 lemon, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until shrimp just begins to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add peas and sauté until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice and reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon zest. Toss in the pasta and top with basil.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 347
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 108 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 237 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g