Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large oven-proof skillet on medium-high, bring tomatoes, milk and broth to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta, cover and reduce heat to medium, adjusting as needed to maintain a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just barely al dente, 8 to 14 minutes.
- Arrange oven rack in center position and preheat broiler to high. To skillet, add beans, corn, half of cheese and 5 tbsp cilantro. Stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese over top and transfer to oven. Broil until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Divide among plates and sprinkle evenly with avocado and remaining 3 tbsp cilantro.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 528
- Carbohydrate Content 79 g
- Cholesterol Content 29 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g