Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Make It A No-Pot Meal
If you have a high-powered blender, you can save a pot and heat the soup in the blender. Simply process the soup and continue to whiz it until hot. Check your instruction manual for specific directions for your model.
1. In a blender, purée tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic and pepper flakes.
2. Transfer to a medium saucepan on medium; add cream and 2 tbsp butter and cook until heated, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium-high, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter. Arrange cheese in an even layer on 1 bread slice; top with remaining bread slice. Cook, turning halfway through, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, about 5 minutes. Cut into bite-size pieces.
4. Divide soup among bowls; top with grilled cheese croutons and additional parsley.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 646
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 127 mg
- Fat Content 46 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 28 g
- Sodium Content 791 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g