1. Make jambalaya mixture: In a large zip-top freezer bag or freezer-safe glass container, combine tomatoes, sausage, celery, onion, bell peppers, garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne and bay leaves. Press out as much air as possible, seal and freeze for up to 2 months.
2. To cook, remove jambalaya mixture, shrimp, rice and okra (if using) from freezer and let stand in the refrigerator for 24 hours, or until fully thawed. Transfer jambalaya mixture to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
3. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, add thawed shrimp, rice and okra (if using); cook until shrimp is pink and opaque, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, divide jambalaya among bowls; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hot sauce (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 212
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 102 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 914 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g