Find more chicken recipes here!
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin whole-grain sandwich buns, toasted
- 2 cups watercress, trimmed
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, dill and lemon juice. Season with 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper; set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg whites, Dijon and remaining 1⁄8 tsp each salt and black pepper; set aside. Transfer panko to a shallow pan or plate. Transfer flour to a second shallow pan or plate.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg white mixture. Press cutlets gently into panko and transfer to a baking tray or plate.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high. Working in batches if necessary, sear chicken until golden brown and fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Assemble sandwiches: Split buns and spread yogurt-lemon mixture evenly onto cut sides of bread, dividing evenly. Layer bottom half of each bun with 1 chicken cutlet and even amounts of watercress, cucumber and roasted peppers. Cover each with top half of bun.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 348
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g