Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Season salmon with half of salt and pepper, dividing evenly. Transfer to baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine panko, parsley and 1 tsp each lemon zest and lime zest. Sprinkle over salmon, pressing into tops and sides of fish to adhere; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots and saute, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add couscous and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and kale. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer gently until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to oven and bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To couscous, add lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp each lemon zest and lime zest and Parmesan and stir to combine. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Divide couscous mixture and salmon among serving plates. If desired, serve with lemon slices.
- Serving Size 1 fillet and 1/2 cup couscous mixture
- Calories 356
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 67 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 305 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g