Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. In a medium bowl, mix cornmeal and 1⁄4 tsp each chile powder and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg and 1 tbsp water. Working in batches, dredge chicken in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Transfer chicken to egg mixture, turning to coat; shake off excess. Dredge in cornmeal mixture again, shaking off excess, then transfer to a plate.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp oil on medium. Add half of chicken and cook undisturbed until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook undisturbed, until golden brown on other side, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet; repeat with remaining 11⁄2 tsp oil and chicken. Transfer to oven and bake until opaque throughout, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt, honey and remaining 1⁄4 tsp chile powder and 1/8 tsp salt. Serve chicken with yogurt mixture and tomato and avocado wedges on the side.
- Serving Size 1/4 of chicken tenders
- Calories 400
- Carbohydrate Content 285 g
- Cholesterol Content 130 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 296 mg
- Sugar Content 65 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g