- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and ground paprika
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 cups whole-grain pita chips or crackers (TRY: Jovial Organic Sea Salt or Rosemary Sourdough Einkorn Crackers)
- 1 lb Pacific skinless cod or Pacific rockfish fillets, cut into 4 x 1-inch strips
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 lb new potatoes (red and/or white), scrubbed and quartered
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and arrange an ovenproof rack over top. Mist rack with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Prepare mash: In a large saucepan, add potatoes and enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Add peas and return to a simmer, then drain and return to saucepan. Add butter, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Stir in milk and cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large shallow dish, mix together flour, garlic powder and paprika. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and dill. To a zip-top bag, add pita chips or crackers. Using a rolling pin or the bottom of a saucepan, pound until finely ground. (Alternatively, use a food processor to crush them.) Spread on a large plate.
4. Working with 1 strip at a time, dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg white mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl. Press both sides into ground chips to coat. Arrange on prepared rack and bake until golden brown and fish is opaque throughout, about 10 minutes. Serve with mash and lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 3 to 4 fish sticks and 1/4 of mash
- Calories: 306
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 54 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 761 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g