- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 lb baby redskin potatoes, scrubbed well
4 whole plus 2 chopped cloves garlic, divided
12 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
Sea salt and ground black pepper, as desired
4 tsp Dijon mustard
4 3-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
1 cup sliced yellow onion
1½ red, yellow and/or green bell peppers, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a roasting pan, toss potatoes, 4 whole cloves garlic, half of thyme, 2 tsp oil, salt and black pepper. Roast on lower oven rack, stirring halfway, until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown, about 45 minutes.
2. About 30 minutes before potatoes are done, spread Dijon on all sides of chicken and season with black pepper.
3. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread panko. Bake on center oven rack, stirring halfway, until golden, about 5 minutes. Press all sides of chicken into panko. Arrange chicken on sheet and bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add bell peppers and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add remaining thyme and 2 chopped cloves garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup water, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, strip leaves from thyme in roasting pan and sprinkle over potatoes, discarding stems. Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl and roughly mash with a potato masher. Serve chicken with smashed potatoes and bell pepper mixture.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken, 2/3 cup potatoes, ½ cup bell pepper mixture
- Calories: 287
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 228 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g