1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Spread quinoa onto a baking sheet and allow to cool and dry out slightly, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Place salmon on one side of a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread fennel on opposite side. Drizzle salmon with ¼ tsp oil. Drizzle fennel with ¾ tsp oil. Sprinkle both with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Bake until fennel is golden and softened and salmon is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Flake salmon with a fork; set aside.
3. Place oven rack in upper third of oven and turn on broiler. Roast quinoa for 5 minutes, stir and rotate baking sheet. Roast another 3 minutes until crispy, checking frequently to prevent burning. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon, vinegar and remaining ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining 3 tbsp oil. Chop reserved fennel fronds and add to dressing along with tarragon, stirring to combine.
5. In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, beets, arugula, fennel and salmon. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 288
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 243 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g