1 12-oz pkg extra-firm organic tofu
3 tbsp white miso paste
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp raw honey
⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
2 tbsp potato starch
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Blot tofu with paper towel. Place between 2 plates and weight down with a cookbook or can of beans for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce: In a bowl, whisk together miso paste, peanut butter, lime juice, honey and cayenne with 2 tbsp water, or to desired consistency. Set aside.
3. Slice pressed tofu into ½-inch sticks, resembling fries. Mix potato starch and pepper together on a plate. Roll tofu sticks through potato starch mixture to evenly coat.
4. In a large cast iron skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in batches, cook tofu sticks until golden brown on all sides, flipping with tongs, 45 to 60 seconds per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking remaining tofu.
5. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: ¼ of tofu fries and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories: 275
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 357 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g