- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 2 1/2-oz thin-cut boneless pork loin chops, trimmed, or 2 5-oz boneless pork loin chops, trimmed and cut widthwise into 4 thin chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 4 sprouted-grain burger buns, halved
- 3 oz thinly sliced low-sodium extra-lean ham, no added nitrates or nitrites
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 8 slices low-sodium pickles
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 bricks, wrapped in foil
- 4 skewers, soaked in water if wood or bamboo
- To a medium saucepan, add potatoes and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil on the stove top on high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender but firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high and lightly oil half of the grate. Grill loin chops (on oiled half) until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill (but keep the grill on).
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and lime and orange zest. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom halves of buns. Top with chops, ham, cheese, pickles and top halves of rolls. Thread potatoes onto skewers.
- Re-oil half of the grill grate. Place a double layer of foil, large enough for the sandwiches, on the other half. Place potatoes on oiled side and grill until all sides are charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Place sandwiches on foil, place bricks over sandwiches (2 per brick) and press down gently; grill until bottom of bread is browned and cheese starts to melt, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer potatoes to plates or a platter and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve sandwiches with potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich and 3 oz potatoes
- Calories: 463
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8.5 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 473 mg
- Sugar Content: 8.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g