Craving more papaya recipes? Try this one!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp slivered raw unsalted almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (5 to 6 oz)
- Pinch each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Israeli couscous, divided
- 1 cup diced red onion (1 small), divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packed cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ cups diced papaya
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, toast almonds, stirring, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove almonds from skillet; set aside.
- Add oil to same skillet and return to medium-high. Season chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate; allow to rest for 2 minutes, then shred with 2 forks and set aside.
- Add couscous and 3/4 cup onion to same skillet, stir and cook until couscous is lightly toasted and onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth to skillet and continue to cook and stir until almost all liquid is absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Add beans and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach, toss and heat until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, pepper flakes and cumin.
- Add chicken, papaya and lime-honey dre
- ssing to couscous-spinach mixture in skillet; gently toss until well combined (or, if skillet is too full, toss in a large bowl). Transfer mixture from skillet to a serving bowl or platter. Top with remaining ¼ cup onion, almonds and lime wedges (if using).
- Serving Size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 101 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g