Craving more papaya recipes? Try this one!
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, toast almonds, stirring, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove almonds from skillet; set aside.
- Add oil to same skillet and return to medium-high. Season chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate; allow to rest for 2 minutes, then shred with 2 forks and set aside.
- Add couscous and 3/4 cup onion to same skillet, stir and cook until couscous is lightly toasted and onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth to skillet and continue to cook and stir until almost all liquid is absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Add beans and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach, toss and heat until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, pepper flakes and cumin.
- Add chicken, papaya and lime-honey dre
- ssing to couscous-spinach mixture in skillet; gently toss until well combined (or, if skillet is too full, toss in a large bowl). Transfer mixture from skillet to a serving bowl or platter. Top with remaining ¼ cup onion, almonds and lime wedges (if using).
- Serving Size 1½ cups
- Calories 271
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 101 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g