We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- In a large deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add turkey, cumin, oregano, black pepper and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is well browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add poblano and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Push turkey mixture to sides of skillet, and to center of skillet, add tomato paste and vinegar and cook, stirring constantly, for 20 to 30 seconds. Add beans, broth, rice, lime juice and 1/2 cup water, stirring together all ingredients to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 363
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g