Feeling "inspiralized?" Learn more about veggie noodles from the founder of the Inspiralized blog, Ali Maffucci.
- Prep Time
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp plus pinch sea salt, divided
- 4 large curly kale leaves, washed, patted dry and tough stems removed
- 1 cup BPA-free-canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 pinches each ground black pepper and chile powder, divided
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 11/3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted creamy peanut butter (TRY: Once Again Organic Peanut Butter Creamy No Salt)
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- Pinch ground ginger
- Slice ends off cucumbers. Working one at a time, secure cucumber in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles. Place noodles in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes to drain liquid.
- On a flat surface, lay each kale leaf flat. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork and season with pinch each salt, black pepper, chile powder and cumin. Divide chickpea mixture among kale leaves and spread in an even layer to within 1 inch of edges.
- Over chickpea mixture, layer cucumber noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, sprouts and cilantro.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add garlic, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, honey, ground ginger and remaining pinch each black pepper and chile powder. Add 1 tbsp water; process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle 1 tsp peanut sauce over ingredients on each kale leaf. Fold in sides of each kale leaf and roll up like a burrito; secure with a toothpick. Slice each wrap in half and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap, 2.5 T peanut sauce
- Calories: 298
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 441 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g