Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Feeling “inspiralized?” Learn more about veggie noodles from the founder of the Inspiralized blog, Ali Maffucci.
- Slice ends off cucumbers. Working one at a time, secure cucumber in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles. Place noodles in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes to drain liquid.
- On a flat surface, lay each kale leaf flat. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork and season with pinch each salt, black pepper, chile powder and cumin. Divide chickpea mixture among kale leaves and spread in an even layer to within 1 inch of edges.
- Over chickpea mixture, layer cucumber noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, sprouts and cilantro.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add garlic, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, honey, ground ginger and remaining pinch each black pepper and chile powder. Add 1 tbsp water; process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle 1 tsp peanut sauce over ingredients on each kale leaf. Fold in sides of each kale leaf and roll up like a burrito; secure with a toothpick. Slice each wrap in half and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
- Serving Size 1 wrap, 2.5 T peanut sauce
- Calories 298
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 441 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g