Curried Apricot Pan-Roasted Chicken with Broccolini Amandine
Get a head start on your week with this perfectly balanced, dietitian-created curried apricot pan-roasted chicken with broccolini amandine recipe.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here!
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, plus additional, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed (1 lb)
- 4 chopped green onions, white and green parts, divided
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (8 apricots)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Minced zest of ½ orange
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted chopped or slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan on high, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add chicken and sear until browned on 1 side, 4 minutes. Flip and transfer pan to oven. Roast until cooked through, about 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Meanwhile, blanch broccolini in a pot of boiling water until nearly fork tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, transfer to ice water to cool, drain again. Set aside.
- To same pan with chicken drippings on medium heat, add whites of onions, ginger, 1 tbsp garlic, curry powder and pepper flakes; sweat until onions soften, about 1 minute.
- Stir in apricots, increase heat to medium-high, cover and sauté for 3 minutes. Add wine and scrape up browned bits from pan with a wooden spoon. When wine has evaporated, stir in broth, honey and orange zest; cook until sauce thickens, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in butter until emulsified. Stir in greens of onions; season with additional salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan on medium, heat reamining 1 tbsp oil. Add remaining 1 tbsp garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add broccolini and cook until heated, 3 minutes. Stir in almonds and additional salt and pepper. Serve sauce over chicken and broccolini alongside.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast with sauce and ¼ of broccolini
- Calories 529
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 119 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 244 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g