Video: How to: Beans
They’re economical, full of fiber and great for the heart! Learn how to use your beans in Chef Jo’s tutorial.
Video: Leafy Green Vegetables
Like mom always said: Eat your greens! Chef Jo gives you the lowdown on super-nutritious leafy green vegetables and how to use them in your cooking.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high.
- Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas and broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in spinach and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with pitas on the side for sopping up soup.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 c soup and 1/2 pita
- Calories 291
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 339 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g