Love this curried sweet potato soup recipe? Find more sweet potato recipes here.
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, squash, broth, curry powder and turmeric and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sweet potato and squash are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and transfer mixture to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve with 2 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 c
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 319 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g