Love this curried sweet potato soup recipe? Find more sweet potato recipes here.
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, squash, broth, curry powder and turmeric and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sweet potato and squash are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and transfer mixture to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve with 2 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 c
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 319 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g