Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Mist a large nonstick Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on medium- low. Add sliced onion and cook for 4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds more, until fragrant. Add milk and broth and increase heat to high. As mixture comes to a boil, add kale, a few handfuls at a time, stirring to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, until kale is very tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, combine potato, chopped onion, 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Add curry, ginger and flour and mix. Divide mixture evenly among 4 sections of waffle iron. Close iron and cook for 12 minutes, until waffles are cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, fill a wide, deep sauté pan with water and bring to a boil. Crack 1 egg and carefully drop into water; repeat with remaining 3 eggs in separate spots. Cover, turn off heat, and let cook for 4 minutes. Carefully remove each egg with a slotted spoon. Divide waffles among plates, layer with kale and top with poached eggs.
- Serving Size 1 waffle, 1 c kale, 1 egg
- Calories 252
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 233 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g