Nutritional Bonus: Rich in omega-3 fats – 2,180 mg in each turkey burger – flaxseed may help promote bone health and reduce your risk of blood clots, heart attack and strokes when incorporated into your daily diet.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated apple, left unpeeled
- 1/4 cup minced or coarsely grated red onion
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp curry paste or powder
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp ground coriander, divided
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground chicken)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated cucumber, drained
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 oz whole-wheat naan bread (about 2 or 3 pieces), cut into 24 2-inch squares
- In a large bowl, combine egg white, apple, onion, flaxseed, curry, ginger, salt, pepper, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Mix in turkey and shape into 12 1/2-inch-thick mini burger patties.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt, pepper and remaining 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan or large nonstick skillet on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Cook patties, turning once, until meat is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Top patties with cucumber yogurt, dividing evenly, and sandwich between 2 squares naan bread.
- Serving Size: 3 sliders
- Calories: 383
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 455 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g