Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze one-half of the soup for Week 2 in individual servings and store pepitas in an airtight container.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place squash cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet with onions. Wrap garlic in foil and place on sheet. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove onions and garlic and let cool. Roast squash for 30 minutes more, until tender.
2. Once cool, scrape squash flesh from skin. Blend squash, onion, apple and garlic (discard peel) in a blender with one-third of broth until smooth. Add apple and coconut milk and blend. Transfer to a large pot; add remaining broth, curry powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix all Spiced Pepitas ingredients; add to a small skillet on low. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool. Top soup with cilantro and spiced pepitas.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 51 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 271 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g