- Prep Time
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 head garlic, top removed
- 1 lb whole-grain, gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 13 oz stemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 18 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place squash and head of garlic on a parchment-lined baking sheet; mist garlic with cooking spray. Bake until squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium, heat oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Remove skins from garlic and add to a high-powered blender with squash, coconut milk, broth, cashews, lemon zest and juice, ½ cup nutritional yeast, ¼ cup almond flour, Dijon, salt and pepper.
5. Pour sauce over noodles and stir until coated. Top with mushrooms and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with garnishes before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 530
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Fat Content: 28 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 531 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g