Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Join The Plant-Based Movement!
A plant-based diet can improve health, prevent disease and heal the planet. Whether you want to be part-time plant-based or 100% plant-based, plant-based chef and functional food expert Amy Symington will guide you through 7 comprehensive lessons on how to benefit from a plant-based diet and how to do it healthfully and deliciously.
As your instructor, Amy will offer health-focused, evidence-based advice pertaining to the consumption of plant foods and their benefits, as well as tasty, satiating, nutrient-dense meal and snack ideas and plenty of cooking techniques along the way. For more info go to cleaneating.com/plantbased.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place squash and head of garlic on a parchment-lined baking sheet; mist garlic with cooking spray. Bake until squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium, heat oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Remove skins from garlic and add to a high-powered blender with squash, coconut milk, broth, cashews, lemon zest and juice, ½ cup nutritional yeast, ¼ cup almond flour, Dijon, salt and pepper.
5. Pour sauce over noodles and stir until coated. Top with mushrooms and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with garnishes before serving.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 530
- Carbohydrate Content 67 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 531 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g