Dairy-Free Coconut Lime Ice Cream
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Open chilled can of coconut milk and remove cream (cream will have separated from water). Reserve liquid for another use.
- To a blender, add coconut cream, one-half of lime zest, all of lime juice and remaining ingredients and blend on high, scraping down sides, until well incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and garnish with remaining lime zest. Cover tightly with a lid or eco-friendly beeswax wrap. Freeze for 4 to 5 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, let rest on counter for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 337
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g