- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and microwave on low for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream butter and cane juice with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add chocolate and beat on low until just combined. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, beating on low and scraping down sides of bowl between each, until just combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in almonds and cherries.
- With your hands, form 1 tbsp dough into a ball and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving 2 inches between each ball. With your fingers, lightly press down on each to flatten slightly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until tops of cookies begin to crack. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Calories 121
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 21 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 52 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g