- Insert skewers into pears through stem end. Set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl set over top of a pot of barely simmering water, add chocolate, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and, if desired, cayenne. Stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Holding skewers, immediately dip pears in chocolate to coat; if necessary, use a heat-proof spatula to cover completely. Shake off excess and sprinkle with walnuts. Transfer pears stem side up to a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside at room temperature until chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, whisk maple syrup, vanilla and arrowroot. Heat on medium and cook, whisking constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes. Chill in freezer for 5 minutes, then drizzle over pears. Let cool.
- Serving Size 1 pear
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g