*NOTE: Walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds can be substituted for the cashews, if preferred. The dates can also be replaced by dried figs or cranberries.
- 24 ballsServings
- 3/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder, plus additional, optional
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- Soak cashews in 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes.
- To a food processor, add cashews (including water), dates, cacao and hemp seeds; process until mixture forms a firm dough, about 2 minutes.
- Remove dough and form into bite-size balls by rolling between moistened hands. If desired, roll in additional cacao.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes before serving to allow the balls to firm up, or place balls in a resealable bag and freeze for future use.
- Serving Size: 2 balls
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 11.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g