Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add chicken, season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, 1 3/4 cups water and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Add about half of kale and cover skillet to let it wilt slightly, about 1 minute. Add remaining half of kale and stir to combine. Cover and simmer until kale is tender and liquid is absorbed, 4 to 6 minutes. (Note: If all the liquid absorbs before kale finishes cooking, add more water as needed.) Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice and remaining 3 tsp oil. To skillet, add about half of mustard sauce and the cranberries and stir to combine. Divide among plates and drizzle evenly with remaining mustard sauce.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5.5 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g