Dog-Friendly Treats: Ginger Nori Chicken Jerky
A drool-worthy treat that will have your canine jumping for joy!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 to 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat and sliced into strips
- Using a food processor or blender, process nori sheets to a powder
- In a large bowl, prepare marinade: combine 2 cups water, powdered nori and ginger.
- Add chicken to bowl with marinade; let marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat over ot 180 F. On a large baking sheet, place chicken about 1/2 inch apart an brush with marinade.
- Dry in oven*, with the door propped open a crack with small, dry rolled-up towel or wooden spoon to open and let out moisture, for 3 to 4 hours, until meat dries. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g