Doggy Donut Delights
Whip up a batch of our doggy donuts for your precious pup - complete with doggy-approved icing!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour, plus additional for work surface
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup milk or soy milk
- 3 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Stir in flour and broth. Add oats and stir to form ball. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- With a donut cutter, cut dough into shapes and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. (TIP: If you don’t have a donut cutter, use a biscuit cutter to cut shape, then use a small circle cutter to cut out center; a donut pan will not work for this recipe.)
- Bake until browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In a medium saucepan, heat frosting ingredients on medium-low, stirring constantly, until carob melts.
- Dip tops of donuts into frosting; let cool. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g