Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly mist a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies: In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate, 3/4 cup cane juice and oil. Add eggs and vanilla, beating with a spoon until incorporated. Stir in flour and salt until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 28 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs attached.
- Meanwhile prepare icing: To a coffee or spice grinder, add 1/2 cup cane juice. Grind until powdery, about 45 to 60 seconds. To a large bowl, add cream cheese and butter. With an electric hand mixer on medium, beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add ground cane juice and continue beating until well combined. Add orange zest and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 30 seconds. If icing is too thick, add orange juice to thin it. (NOTE: Icing should be a spreadable consistency.) When brownies are completely cooled, spread evenly with icing and cut into 36 squares.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 156
- Carbohydrate Content 12.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 32 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g