Find more breakfast recipes here.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat. Steep 2 tea bags in hot milk for 10 minutes. Squeeze liquid from tea bags. Let cool slightly and rinse out saucepan.
- Whisk eggs and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Slowly whisk in milk-tea mixture. In baking dish, add bread slices and soak for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- To saucepan, add orange juice and remaining 3 tbsp maple syrup; bring to a boil. Add remaining 2 tea bags and steep over medium for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and simmer 3 to 5 more minutes, still on medium, until mixture is thickened and syrupy. Remove saucepan from heat and swirl in 4 tsp butter. Keep warm in pot.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan over medium-low. Brush with remaining 1 tsp butter. Transfer bread slices from baking dish to skillet, allowing excess egg mixture to drip back into baking dish. Cook slices 2 to 4 minutes per side until golden to deep brown. (NOTE: Leave ½ inch between slices in skillet; you may need to work in 2 to 3 batches, depending on size of skillet.)
- To serve, arrange 5 slices of French toast on each plate. Drizzle each plate with additional maple syrup. Garnish with orange slices and pecans (if using).
- Serving Size 5 pieces toast and 2 tbsp syrup
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 110 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 239 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g